Tuesday, October 26, 2010


I have been having an extremely difficult time trying to present my previous career qualifications to potential employers, because they immediately see my background and assume that I am going to steal from them. I have had 15 interviews in the past 30 days and have not gotten hired. In my entire life before this event, I had never gotten an interview and not subsequently been hired for the position. I have worked at 4 places in the past 7 years and been fired from none.
I have never stolen from an employer, even when the cash drawer came up short. I would take money out of my own pocket in order to ensure that the drawer was balanced at the end of the night.
However, I understand the meaning of perseverance now. In the past, I would have given up after 4 failed interviews. Now, I understand that the Lord wants me to continue forward, even in the face of adversity. I cannot provide a solution to someone in need if I didn't look back to the times when I really needed motivation. "Thank you lord, for thinking about me, I'm a felon, and doing fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment